Because here at Rebel Chef, we believe that the best snacks are the salty ones and that every salad needs a little crunch-factor.
Healthy Seed Crackers
Core Skill: sheet baking- this is the basic method used for all types of crackers and for fruit leathers as well.An ultra clean and healthy, salty, crunchy snack. Munch away with dip or hummus or add crunch and texture to your favorite salad! This recipe is borrowed and adapted from @fabulousfiber_ on instagram. She has many wonderful healthy recipes and inspirations on her page!
- bowl, spatula, sheet pan & parchment paper
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 1 T psyllium husk or oat fiber
- 1 T sofrito, everything bagel seasoning or za'atar
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1.5 t salt
- 1.5 C water
- Preheat oven to 325.Add all ingredients besides water and mix thoroughly. Add water, stir well and allow to sit 15 minutes to thicken. After 15 minutes, spread mixture out as evenly as possible on a baking sheet w/ parchment paper. Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes. Ovens will vary so keep an eye on yours. They will likely take more time rather than less.They are done when they are no longer soft/tacky in the center. Once cooled, break up into cracker sized pieces and store in an airtight container for months.
The only non negotiable parts of this recipe are: *The psyllium husk or oat fiber *The chia seeds for binding *The ratio of seeds to water content. Feel free to swap out, add or subtract. For example: don’t have a full cup of sunflower seeds? Use what you do have and make up the remaining volume with extra of one of the other ingredients. Don’t like hemp seeds? Use poppy, caraway or anything else in its place.